You'll have to specify the assembly where it is contained. Usually this is
the project name, but if you take a look at your AssemblyInfo.cs you'll find
something like:

[assembly: AssemblyTitle("your.name.goes.here")]

Finally add that to the log4net configuration:

type="Alfaplan.Carola.Prototype.Logging.CustomeAppender;assembly=
your.name.goes.here"

At this point you're probably fine.

All information comes shipped without warranty, but if it works don't forget
to share your knowledge with others who need it. :-)

Greetings,
D.