On 2011-09-11, Roy Chastain wrote:

> I picked up Visual NUnit for VS 2010.  Once I installed it and ran the
> tests under it, none of the RFA tests failed.  The plugin indicates that
> 5 are them are "not implemented" and indeed they are not.

Great.  Six of them fail on my Linux box - likely because of hard-coded
line-ends - and I intend to look into that some day, but other than that
this is what I get as well.

> When the test is running under NUnit, the current directory is
> log4Net\tests\bin\debug, yet the logger creates its log file in
> log4Net directory.  Therefore, the two files are different and there
> is no error.  This means the tests are going to need revamping to work
> under NUnit GUI.  (Could this be a similar problem to what you have
> with NAnt?).

No, it works in both cases for me as well by now.  For the NUnit GUI it
might be some sort of setting (I use the "Run tests in a single separate
process" model).

> It appears that there is no way to change the current directory in
> NUnit GUI, so the tests would need modifications to have a consistent
> current directory while running.

> Comments/Suggestions?  I am new to the whole NUnit thing, so maybe there
> is an obvious solution I do not know about.

Just don't bother with them for now (emphasis on "for now").  You have a
way of passing the tests and so have I.

> FYI. Only 2 of the total 129 tests failed under the Visual NUnit plugin.
> TestGetEntryType in EventLogAppenderTest (looks like an expected
> SecurityException under Windows 7) and TestFullFix in
> RemotingAppednerTest.

The later might be a timing issue.  I have increased the delay between
logging a message and validating it has been written to the sink last
Wednesday - are you working on this version?  If so, then maybe the very
first wait-time must be made even bigger.

Stefan