On 2011-09-12, Roy Chastain wrote:

> No price.  Only the header and footer as surfaced in the new class, so
> the other properties resort back to their normal processing.  In
> reality, the ConversionPattern for the log output is already dynamic,
> but header and footer were not treated the same.

Oh, so I misunderstood the nature of "dynamic".  I thought you'd be
re-parsing the pattern string for each call to Format.

> Do I run a "diff" against an empty file to produce the patch or is there
> another method?

GNU diff has a "-N" option to treat missing files that way.  If you only
have a new file and don't touch any of the existing other files then
simply attaching the file may be easier.

Stefan