Hi all,

this is just a random list, I'd like to make sure whether we are on the
same page before making changes or just give the user list a heads up.

My understanding of the discussion which basically happened in JIRA so
far:

* the next release will be 1.3.0 and require .NET 2.0 or better

  I.e. we remove support for .NET 1.0 and 1.1, Compact Framework 1.0,
  Mono < 2.0, SSCLI and CLI 1.0 frameworks

* the main assembly will get a new name like log4net-13.dll, only be
  signed by the new key

* we provide two assemblies named log4net.dll signed with the old and
  new key respecitvely that contain type forwards to the new assembly
  only

stuff we haven't talked about, yet:

* I'd like to split log4net-13.dll so that the main assembly can be used
  for the client profile and a separate assembly contains the stuff that
  requires System.Web - this way we no longer need the -cp builds.

* add support for Mono 4.0

  Actually I currently can only build Mono 2.0 and 4.0 and 2.0 will be
  gone once I replace my really old home machine.  I guess I need to
  investigate running separate Mono installations in parallel.

* .NET 4.5?  Is there anything special about 4.5 or does the 4.0 version
  just work?

* give the user list a heads up so they know about our plans and can
  tell us to stop if necessary.

Stefan