Von: ryguy2281 [mailto:r.johnston2...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: 23 April 2015 00:57
An: log4net-dev@logging.apache.org
Betreff: log4net not working outside local environment

So I've discovered that outside of my machine, the web service I built with
log4net is not working.

It works great in Visual Studio 2010 when I compile it through there, It
also works through my IIS implementation on my laptop. When my boss tries it
on his machine (through visual studio) or when I try to set it up through an
IIS implementation not on my machine the logging is not working.

The error in my boss's visual studio when he compiles the project is this:

log4net:ERROR XmlConfigurator: Failed to find configuration section
'log4net' in the application's .config file. Check your .config file for the
<log4net> and <configSections> elements. The configuration section should
look like: <section name="log4net"
type="log4net.Config.Log4NetConfigurationSectionHandler,log4net" />

The log4net.config has the above line mentioned in the error, I'm not sure
what could be wrong.

Do I need to install log4net or something? I was under the impression that
log4net.dll was the only thing needed in the project but do I need to
install something additional to get the logging to work?

Any theories on what I could be doing wrong?