We had introduced a mutex to secure rolling operations in the rolling file
appender. It would be nice if we could make the rolling locking
configurable (none, lock, mutex), defaulting to none. There should be an
issue for that, too.

On 6 Nov 2016 2:19 p.m., "Joe" <jocular...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I just had a quick look through the commits since 1.2.15 and I don't see
anything that looks particularly risky.
I'd vote for cutting an RC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bode...@apache.org]
Sent: 06 November 2016 11:14
To: log4net-dev@logging.apache.org
Subject: Towards 2.0.6

Hi all

I'd like to get 2.0.6 released in order to help out people who want to use
log4net with .NET Core.

We've had some changes since I built the last test assemblies, but AFAIK
nobody has given them a try anyway. I wonder whether creating test
assemblies is worth the effort or whether I should simply proceed with
cutting a release candidate and call for a vote.

So what do you think, should I just cut an RC? Is there anything floating
around that should go into 2.0.6?

Stefan