Re-reading your exact requirements, I'm not sure you can get exactly what you
want with the built in appenders.

The current RollingFileAppender roles on size changing the log count portion of
the file name and on date changing the date portion. I think you would need to
write your own appender if you want to change the date when size rolls the
file.

Mike