From: karlkras [karlk...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 19:13
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: How to use a custom level in logger interface...

So I've found a sample that states to add a custom level to the log4net xml
configuration as such:
        <log4net>
            <level>
                <name value="AUDIT" />
                <value value="80000" />
            </level>

and I'm guessing I can define my logger to use it like this:

                <logger name="RollingFile" additivity="False">
                        <level value="AUDIT"/>
                </logger>

in in the C# code, how do I specify to call the logger to call the logger
with the "AUDIT" level? e.g., for an Error level message I perform an
log4net.ILog.Error(...) call.

what do I do for the custom level since this support isn't built in, i.e.,
how/where do I inject the handlers for interact with the log4net process?

thanks...