Hi gents ,

I think that I'm experiencing some unexpected behaviour when using
easy_init() with multiple logger definitions (as suggested in the
perldoc), viz ... the reporting level is apparently determined by the
last of the definitions c/w being individually applicable e.g.

With the call

Log::Log4perl->easy_init(
        {
            name    => 'LOG',
            file    => ">$LOGGER_FNAME",
            layout  => $log_layout,
            level   => $TRACE,
        },
        {
            name    => 'SCR',
            file    => 'STDOUT',
            layout  => $log_layout,
            level   => $INFO,
        },
    );

both logs i.e. STDOUT and the file, contain only INFO and above
messages, whereas the call

Log::Log4perl->easy_init(
        {
            name    => 'SCR',
            file    => 'STDOUT',
            layout  => $log_layout,
            level   => $INFO,
        },
        {
            name    => 'LOG',
            file    => ">$LOGGER_FNAME",
            layout  => $log_layout,
            level   => $TRACE,
        },
    );

results in all messages being output to both logs.

In both of the above cases, I expected messages of INFO and above to
STDOUT and all message to the log file, so the question is: Is this a
mis-understanding on my part, or is there an actual defect here ?

TIA & best rgds ,

--
Dave Pointon FIAP MBCS

Now I saw, tho' too late, the folly of beginning a work before we count
the cost and before we we judge rightly of our strength to go thro'
with it - Robinson Crusoe