Tony,
as far as I'm concerned the real advantage of hybrid logics over multimodal
logics is on their proof theoretical aspects, hybrid logics are much better
behaved than modal logics as far as their proof theory goes.  Patrick
Blackburn gave a course in nasslli2002 where he pressed this point and i've
spent an enjoyable half an hour trying to find the slides to send you, but
have not. the reader for the course is available
www.stanford.edu/group/nasslli/courses/*blackburn*/reader.pdf.

in particular interpolation results are recovered:
(Repairing the Interpolation Theorem in Quantified Modal
Logic<http://www.loria.fr/%7Eblackbur/papers/repairing.pdf>,
by Carlos Areces, Patrick Blackburn and Maarten Marx. *Annals of Pure and
Applied Logic*, 124, 287-299, 2003. )

but for me the big payoff was on cut-elimination results for several
systems.

Patrick's lectures were impressive enough to make me investigate
constructive versions of hybrid logics with Torben Brauner to begin with
and more recently with Herman Hauesler and Alexandre Rademaker.

and yes, satisfaction operators do behave like modal operators.

but no, it's not simply giving new names to old things, since using the
satisfaction operators and internalizing the models as part of your syntax
you genuinely get a different logic system, which has different inferential
properties and which you can implement and do more things with.
at least this is my take.

[]s,
Valeria

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Tony Marmo <marmo.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear colleagues and friends,
>
> I write to inquire the following concerning hybrid logics:
>
> 1. Firstly, I wonder whether hybrid logic languages have a real advantage
> in relation to *multi-modal logics*, for instance, if the former are really
> more expressive than the latter, or if the notion of parameter covers that
> of nominals.
>
> 2. I'm not sure whether the modal operators are not satisfaction operators
> or vice-versa. Isn't it the same as giving new names to old things?
>
> I shall appreciate your opinions.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Tony Marmo

Valeria de Paiva