Caros colegas:

Antes que a Lista se apague ( como parece, para tristeza de todos nos) gostaria
de  divulgar um artigo recentíssimo do nosso  grupo, num tema fascinante e
ainda pouquíssimo explorado com detalhes, os fundamentos lógicos da teoria das
probalidades:

Paraconsistent Probabilities: Consistency, Contradictions and Bayes’ Theorem
Juliana Bueno-Soler and Walter Carnielli

Entropy 2016, 18(9), 325; doi:10.3390/e18090325

Special Issue Statistical Significance and the Logic of Hypothesis Testing,
editor Julio Stern

OPEN ACCESS:
http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/18/9/325/htm

This paper represents the first steps towards constructing a paraconsistent
theory of probability based on the Logics of Formal Inconsistency (LFIs). We
show that LFIs encode very naturally an extension of the notion of probability
able to express sophisticated probabilistic reasoning under contradictions
employing appropriate notions of conditional probability and paraconsistent
updating, via a version of Bayes’ theorem for conditionalization. We argue that
the dissimilarity between the notions of inconsistency and contradiction, one
of the pillars of LFIs, plays a central role in our extended notion of
probability. Some critical historical and conceptual points about probability
theory are also reviewed.
logics of formal inconsistency

Open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License
(CC BY 4.0).

Agradecemos ao Julio Stern pelo incentivo e pela abertura intelectual!!

Walter

--
Você está recebendo esta mensagem porque se inscreveu no grupo "LOGICA-L" dos
Grupos do Google.

Responder a