Hola a todos,

Mañana martes 14 de Julio a las 12:00 (hora Brasil/Argentina) Bruno Jacinto
(Universidad de Lisboa)  (Joint work with Claire Field) presentará “Bridge
Principles and Purely Epistemic Norms”

Abstract: One influential approach to inquiry on the normativity of logic
consists in investigating what are the true bridge principles relating
claims of logical consequence with norms for belief. Although the question
whether logic is normative is naturally understood as an epistemic one,
bridge principles have typically been investigated in isolation from
debates over the correct epistemic norms. In this paper we present a number
of consequences for the normativity of logic of the hypothesis that logic
is normative in a distinctively epistemic sense, and so that the norms
occurring in bridge principles are epistemic norms. We first propose a
Kripkean model theory accounting for the interaction between logical,
doxastic, epistemic and deontic notions. We subsequently show some of the
predictions of the model theory concerning the implication of bridge
principles by distinguished purely epistemic norms – norms, such as the
knowledge norm of belief and the truth norm of belief, that are formulated
solely in terms of doxastic, epistemic and deontic notions. After showing
the reasonableness of the distinguished purely epistemic norms we conclude
by proposing a preliminary theory of the interaction between logical,
doxastic, epistemic and deontic notions. Among the true bridge principles
are those that are commitments of the proposed theory.

Para todos los que quieran participar:

Unirse a la reunión Zoom
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86584270692?pwd=QitUNDJ5NVBSdnNjKzV3bDMyd0UvUT09

ID de reunión: 865 8427 0692
Contraseña: 684173

Detalles en https://www.ba-logic.com/seloi/

Un saludo, Eduardo

--
Você está recebendo esta mensagem porque se inscreveu no grupo "LOGICA-L" dos
Grupos do Google.