Olá pessoal,

vim compartilhar um evento (online) sobre filosofia da física quântica, que
acontecerá nas próximas semanas, e que pode ser do interesse de vocês já
que algumas apresentações se relacionam com a área da lógica. Deixo a
chamada abaixo.

Abraços,
Raoni

* * *

Dear all,

following the tradition of our International Network, we are happy to now
invite you to the Eighth Edition of the International Workshop on Quantum
Mechanics and Quantum Information in 2022, to be held online on April 27
and 28, and May 4 and 5. The selected theme for this edition is: “Quantum
Theory and Reality”.

Quantum theory is the perfect case study for the realist vs anti-realist
debate: on the one hand, one naturally considers the theory as an
approximate true description of reality; on the other hand, the
ever-growing number of interpretations/quantum theories seem to plague QM’s
access to reality with underdetermination. We would like to pursue new
perspectives on such a traditional debate on the philosophy of science.
Contributions to the workshop address the following questions, but, as in
previous editions of the workshop, are not limited to:

   -

   Is there a clear dividing line between ‘theory’ and ‘interpretation’ in
   the case of QM?
   -

   What does it mean to take QM to be ‘approximately true’?
   -

   Are there new experimental perspectives that could falsify one
   interpretation/quantum theory?
   -

   Can theoretical virtues (epistemic/ontological/metaphysical) favor one
   interpretation/theory over other(s)?
   -

   Are there new stances that steer a middle ground between realism and
   anti-realism?
   -

   What does it mean to adopt a realist stance toward quantum mechanics?
   -

   Could numerous quantum theories/interpretations, instead of blocking
   one’s road to reality, enhance one’s understanding of reality?

Certainly, there is much to say about it, and we are looking forward to
meeting you there!

The full list of participants, registration, schedule, and book of
abstracts can be found on our website:
https://quantuminternationalnet.com/Workshops

Organizing Committee

Christian de Ronde (UBA/UNAJ/CONICET/UFSC/CLEA)

Jonas R. B. Arenhart (UFSC/UFMA/CNPq)

Raimundo Fernández-Mouján (UBA/CLEA)

Raoni W. Arroyo (CLE/UNICAMP/FAPESP)

Scientific Committee

Décio Krause (UFSC/UFJR/PPGLM)

Diederik Aerts (VUB/CLEA)

Otávio Bueno (UM)

Newton da Costa (UFSC)

--
LOGICA-L
Lista acadêmica brasileira dos profissionais e estudantes da área de Lógica

Responder a