Seriously Jared, could you please lose some of that attitude? You have
barely learned the language, and yet you come in barging with all these
opinions about it, lunging at those who are trying to help you just because
they couldn't come up with a word for "geodesic dome" within 24 hours. I bet
similar problems also exist for languages that don't freely use borrowings,
e.g. Chinese; only that Chinese has a lot more characters than Lojban has
gismu. At least there exist systems in Lojban where borrowings can be used
if you need a word now.

That said perhaps it would be a good idea to calque lujvo from Chinese; it
makes etymology explicit, unlike English, and part of the "how can we define
such-and-such a concept" work would already have been done. For example,
"dome" is 圆屋顶, or literally "round roof". Based on this, we can pick the
words bolci (sphere), and drudi (roof), and picking the appropriate rafsi,
we get boldru. Presumably we don't need to specify that it's a half sphere,
as a full sphere would not make a very practical roof shape. zo'o

Geodesic is a little more difficult - my dictionary gives 测地线 for "geodesic
line". 地 = ground, 线 = line, but 测 is a new word to me. The dictionary gives
for 测:
*1.* side
*2.* to lean
*3.* to survey