On Dec 19, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:52:22PM +0100, Vid Sintef wrote:
How do you express the name "C++"? {la cy.sumjibu.sumjibu} or {la
cy.sujybu.sujybu}?

la .siplusplus.

It's a name; it has little real semantic meaning.

.ie C++ is an inherently English programming language in my experience. And very few users of C++ know where the name semantically derived from anyhow.

If you really wanted a Lojbanic name, you could try to translate "C with classes", which was the C++'s first (working) name. But they you'd need a Lojban word for "class" as it's used in C++... .uonai

Any idea what other languages use to name C++? I'd bet just their name for "C", and their name for "plus plus", but I've never heard anyone talk about it not using English.

mu'o mi'e .aleks.