I have no problem with that, but it's not a regular consonant.

I'm all for allowing anything that would better align lojban names with a person's real name (in their native language). But how does the apostrophe help? How would you pronounce it?

As Elmo said, why not allow also the comma? I think that's very useful, as then we can have {la meri,} which is closer to "Mary" then {la meiris}