It looks to me like the 2nd script is being executed before the 1st one. I have no idea how that could happen, but you could check that by setting a useless variable to a different value in the 2 scripts, wait for another bomb, and check the value.

If it is the case, you would avoid the bug by defining all the variables in one script (but please tell us so we can chase the bug).

Damien

Rex,

Here's the code, I thought it might be easier to cut and paste it in
construction space to make it easier to debug.  The problem works fine for
me in construction space.   One student with $f1=1.0 and one student with
$f1=6.0221e23 have gotten it correct so far.

[...]