Hi All,

I am looking at the wonderful examples page for the powerful &EXT() functions
in Lon-Capa
(https://s10.lite.msu.edu/res/msu/albertel/test/ext_examples.problem#0) but not
seeing anything that would return the name of a group that the student is a
part of. I've made use of the section information before and am wondering if
there is no function that returns group membership or if it just isn't listed
on this page?  I've tried (analogous to the section function)

$group=&EXT("user.course.grp");

and

$group=&EXT("user.course.group");

Is there something like this also in Lon-Capa or some other way to determine in
the context of a problem if a student has been added to a specific group or not?

Thanks,
Doug

Douglas Mills
Director of Instructional Technology