Perfect. Thank you Stuart!  I knew it had to be there!

Doug

Douglas Mills

Director of Instructional Technology

Department of Chemistry

University of Illinois

On 10/1/18, 3:26 PM, "LON-CAPA-users on behalf of Raeburn, Stuart"
<lon-capa-users-boun...@mail.lon-capa.org on behalf of raeb...@msu.edu> wrote:

    Doug,

    In a script block use:

    $role = &EXT('user.role.value');
    $extent = &EXT('user.role.extent');

    where $role would be: cc, ta, st etc., and $extent would be:
section, where <domain> is course's domain, <num> is course number. e.g.,
7k12240ee787451eauiucl1, and <section> is the section.

    Note: if the user's current role is a custom role, $role would be of the
form:

    where <domain> and <username> are the domain and username of the user who
defined the custom role, and <rolename> is the name of the customrole.

    Stuart Raeburn
    LON-CAPA Academic Consortium