Hi,

I am trying to do something with a customresponse part that I cannot do really
cleanly with normal response types, but am having some trouble evaluating the
inputs. The inputs include numeric and text values as part of a single array
input. I am having to problems:

1.       I have not been able to figure out a way, in the "if" statements, to
distinguish between a zero (0) answer and a null ("") answer.

2.       The string components evaluate to true for any text value. Only
numeric entries evaluate as false.

My questions:

1.       Is there a way to distinguish between a 0 and a null (i.e., no)
response?

2.       Is it possible to input both numeric and string values in separate
textline inputs within one customresponse section?

Best regards,

Gene L. Harding, PE
Associate Professor of ECET
Purdue University