From: LON-CAPA-users <lon-capa-users-boun...@mail.lon-capa.org> On Behalf Of
Itay via LON-CAPA-users
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2020 12:19 PM
To: Discussion list for LON-CAPA users <lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org>
Subject: [LON-CAPA-users] How to mark certain responses to be hand-graded?

Hi

I am setting up a graphical custom-response problem.
In most cases, there would a solution to the question being asked, and the
student sould respond with a numerical answer.
However, in rare cases a solution does not exist.

Avoiding these rare cases  in advance or handling them programmatically would
require a lot of effort.
In contrast, handling them manually would be easy (because this is a graphical
problem).

So I thought to instruct the students, in case they think there is no solution
to the problem, to respond with the string 'NA'.  In the customresponse code I
would intercept this string and mark the problem for that particular student to
be hand-graded.

Is it possible to do?
If yes: how?

Thank you in advance