Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Philip Newton wrote:
>
> > Someone suggested writing an RC5 client (
> > http://www.distributed.net/ ) in PostScript that would print
> > out any key it considered likely.
>
> I guess that if you submitted the job via lpr you might be
> able to get the key back by making a status request.

Well, one problem is that the client doesn't find *the* key; for speed, it
just tests the first few bytes (two 8-byte(?) RC-5 blocks, I think) and if
it considers it likely, it'll submit the key to the main server where it
really gets tested.

So if you submit a block of keys to check, possibly answers are (a) no
likely keys in that block, (b) one likely key in that block, or (c) 'n'
likely keys in that block. I don't think you could capture that, could you?
But then, I've no experience with lpr and its protocol.

Cheers,
Philip