From: "jo walsh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 15 February 2001 15:56
Subject: RE: Penderel Configuration

> > > I'd like to be able to have a http://london.pm.org/~shiels
> > > web address, and
> > > a cgi-bin directory.
>
> k i can do the ~/public_html thing and sort this out is that the best way?
> or there is a group of web users who can write to the docroot if you
> prefer (both?)

The ~/public_html is what I had in mind, this should be fairly easy to turn
on in httpd.conf, although when I looked it seemed like it was already
configured, but I couldn't get mine to work. As we're using the .pm.org
domain I think the docroot should be pretty restricted.

> > > I would like to have (at least) one mysql database to play with.
>
> mysql is installed and should be running, i spose anyone who wants their
> own database should email me or alex about it
Will do!

> > Why don't we just install all of CPAN to begin with? We are a pm group
no?

> this is a good idea.
We have enough disk space (just !), so I agree totally. I expect there is
even a way to keep this up-to-date automatically. I would find this really
great as a major hindrance to me trying out scripts I 'find' is usually that
I can't be bothered installing the 1/2 dozen or so modules that need to be
installed first.

--
/Robert