On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, you wrote:
> > From:       Robin Szemeti [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >> Has anyone yet called French a glue language for English?
> >
> > ahh ... but what it boils down to is you are indulging in a little
> > horse play at the expense of our Gallic freinds.  it is amusing to
> > make thes little remarks on the hoof is it not? ..
>
> There's a sweet irony in describing English as a global Lingua Franca...
> particularly given the sensitivities of our Gallic brethren - quite galling
> for them I'm sure :-)

hmm .. what .. err .. I was just trying to get to use the words horse,
hoof and boils down just because someone mentioned French
and glue in the same sentence .. if you are trying to construct some sort
of reasoned argument out it .. well ... ok .. I'll give it a go ;))

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!