On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 01:46:49PM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:

> That's almost as good as (¬)^0.5.

I was thinking about that on the way to work.

AIUI, square roots apply to numbers, so how can you have a square root of
something that isn't a number, like an operator?  You may as well say that
you can take the square root of anything - like the square root of equals,
or the square root of a pony.

Calling that thing the square root of an operator is a bit misleading to
say the least.  OK, it may appear to have some properties of a square root
operation, but a square root it ain't.

YMMV, cos IANAQM (but it would be helpful in debugging landrovers)

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

   Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

PGP signature