> Dave Cross wrote:
> > I've just seen a downside to the "no non-standard modules"
> > rule, which is that we'll have to send all mail by piping
> > to sendmail. And that really hits your cross-platform
> > compatibility.
>
> Well, it depends on how much pain you want to inflict on yourself.

Which is a greater evil:
1. writing the code to not require non-standard modules.
2. including the required modules as simple .pm files to be uploaded to the
same directory as the script file. (i.e. no proper 'perl
Makefile.PL;make;make test;make install).

Assuming that 2 actually works, which is should in many but not all cases.

I suggest that 2 is the less of two weevils, in those places where it works.