* Dean ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 12:53:00PM +0100, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> > we were just talking on IRC and the subject of accomodation for YAPC::Europe
> > came up again,
>
> For those of us without the time for both the List and the IRC channel is
> there any chance of a summery about what the group plans are? Or is it a free
> for all?

there are no plans, and i'd rather not do this for several good reasons.

however i've had a look over amsterdamn hotels, and the best option that will
keep everyone happy appears to be going for a reasonable 3* or 4* hotel, that
does tripple or quad rooms for people if they want to save a bit of cash

the 2* hotels look a little grim and the better 4* hotels are pricey

the sort of questions that whoever organises this needs to know is ...

Who is going?

and if you are going .............

What sort of room do you want?

i.e.

single
double
don't mind sharing with another
don't mind sharing with 3
don't mind sharing with 4

What are you willing to pay per night?

What do you require from the room?

i.e.

minibar
safe
TV
shower
bath
jacuzzi

What do you require from the hotel?

i.e.

bar
pool
gym

if we get this , then someone that knows amsterdam can do the leg work

--
Greg McCarroll                          http://www.mccarroll.uklinux.net