On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 06:56:21PM +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> > Also for future reference does any one know a better way to do this than
> > Compress::Zlib, core or non-core.
>
> I suppose
> # tar -xzf [archivename] [filename/that/you.want]

> is too easy .. I'm missing something again aren't I?

Sorry, my bad. I'd like to be able to do the whole thing without shelling
out. I'm currently using something similar your example in the script and
it works but I'd rather use something in perl so i don't have to worry
about external locations or even OS (Zlib should work on Windows. I think)

        Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon