On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:31:39PM +0000, Redvers Davies wrote:

> > Assuming you're not a Masai tribesperson. And assuming that the
> > Romans weren't lying about the Celts (Though why would they want to do
> > that?)
>
> It would seem to me to be counter-productive.  If you want to conquer
> a country you don't spread rumours that they drink their victims blood.

True, cos that would tend to unsettle your troops.  However, as a post
facto rationalisation, it's great.  Look at how well off you are under
your Roman overlords!  Your kings no longer drink your blood!

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie