On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> Ok, we are not (void) but we are pretty close so here is a one liner that
> hopefully will provote discussion ....
>
> the only thing that gives potential for the marketing of a language is the
> projects that are achieved using it and java has a hell of a lot more cool
> projects than perl

I was wondering how hard it would be to put together a mini Application
server toolkit.

A pre-built apache with mod_perl, ssl, etc, template toolkit (or mason),
perl corba module for apache (assuming it doesn't already have one) kind
of like IBMs websphere but less massive and not proprietary. All the
necessary parts are there its just an issue of packaging and spinning it
to the punters.

I am fed up with seeing java/proprietary kudges when there are clean and
open ways to do the job better.

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a