Roger Burton West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On or about Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 10:37:27AM +0000, Steve Mynott typed:
>
> >RH/Slackware/Debian/Solaris/FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD are all fine
> >systems but they need to be setup by someone who knows what they are
> >doing in the same way that Perl has to be written by clueful
> >programmers.
>
> And competent *ix system builders/admins are about as easy to find as
> clueful programmers. And certifications are about as useful in finding
> them.

Talking of which, having interviewed/seen/lunched a fair number of
perlmongers recently and then offered a bunch of Java weenies, I still
need a BOFH. Not just someone who can "do", but who has vision to
drive things forward. Like me, only more anally retentive and will do
the second 90% of any job :-)

Anyone know one?

The money's only OK, but the toys are great :-)

And on the same lines...what with all these perlmongers on the market
right now, just bloody band together and start a consultancy.

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com