Dave Cross [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>So I'm looking for advice on the best distro to use. Bear in mind that
*>the existing box will currently become a firewall/proxy box so I'll
*>do all the paranoid security stuff on there.
*>
*>Go for it. Give it your best shot.
*>
*>Let battle commence.

OpenBSD is the best choice for a firewall box. It's fast, small, secure
and runs ona  myriad of platforms. I use it at home for my firewall and
have started sneaking it in at work. It's tag line is 'secure by default'
and from a base installation you won't get the same from most, if not all,
linux distros.

This is my opinion and I'm not terribly interested in a holy war.

http://www.openbsd.org/

e.