> > If you're prepared to consider locations a little out of
> central London
> > there are lots of large hotels around Heathrow that have
> sizeable conference
> > type facilities (also handy for the airport!).
>
> FWIW, I know my mother has booked some largish meetings outside of
> London.  Of course, I don't remember offhand how large, or, for that
> matter, what kind of numbers you're looking at.

Go to Brighton. It's nicer than London, on the sea, easy to get to from
Gatwick, and has more pubs per head of population than any other town in
Britain (I think, or maybe it was more pubs per square mile). It has
conference facilities for all sizes (although I've no idea how booked up
they get). And it's 55 minutes from London by train.