On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:24:44PM +0000, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> * Robin Houston ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 09:14:08PM +0000, Leon Brocard wrote:
> > >   o grow up
> >
> > Hey! No need to get defensive till you lose the vote :-)
> >

> i vote for no vote, keep things as they are
>
> if people object to their views being public, don't post them in what
> is a public forum - if this is still a problem, then the question should
> be should london.pm become a private forum, with people being added after
> a vote - this smells fishy to me ;-) ;-) ;-) [1]
>
> personally, the day london.pm becomes a private, invite only forum, i'll
> be off to london-public.pm's mailing list (this may make london.pm even
> more popular for those sensitive to signal/noise) - as for google knowing
> too much about you, welcome too 1984+17

I don't have a problem with it, apart from not knowing about it beforehand,
especially as mail-archive.com doesn't seem to reveal email addresses
but I think making the list "private" is a different argument from putting
up a web-accessible archive.

To make it harder for google to find you - change your name Prince style.

jp