On or about Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 11:07:02AM +0000, Michael Stevens typed:

>I imagine you could get a pc service contract on the same level as
>Sun do, but I have no experience in the area. Has anyone got any experience
>paying vast amounts of money for PC support? did you get much for your
>money?

Dell offer this on some of their servers. IMHO this is always a waste of
money - they don't provide anything that you couldn't do yourself by
having a stock of spare parts and someone competent on call.

OTOH, if you pay for the support, generally you get a machine that was
put together by someone who knew how it was supposed to go, rather than
the colour-blind monkeys they normally use.