On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 05:23:41AM -0500, Dave Cross wrote:
> It's the usual Damian brain-stretching stuff - and this time he
> manages to find a good use for the $; variable which is _so_
> deprecated that I can't even find it mentioned in the latest Camel.

>From p674
<quote>
Although we haven't deprecated this feature, you should instead consider
using "real" multidimension hashes now, such as $foo{$a}{$b}{$c} instead of
$foo{$a,$b,$c}.  The fake ones may be easier to sort, however, and are much
more amenable to use as DBM files.
</quote>

Richard - who also found a good use for it (Algorithm::MarkovChain)

--
Richard Clamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>