> > I'd like to be able to have a http://london.pm.org/~shiels
> > web address, and
> > a cgi-bin directory.

k i can do the ~/public_html thing and sort this out is that the best way?
or there is a group of web users who can write to the docroot if you
prefer (both?)

> > I would like to have (at least) one mysql database to play with.

mysql is installed and should be running, i spose anyone who wants their
own database should email me or alex about it

> > I'd like to know which perl modules are already installed.
>
> Why don't we just install all of CPAN to begin with? We are a pm group no?

this is a good idea.

> And can we have password based SSH(or whatever we have to call it now) as
> well as PK based ?

no problems, is enabled. call us at state51 or start a 'talk' session on
the box, i guess, and get told a password

sorry about continuing absence of mailman

jo
xxxx