On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, dcross - David Cross wrote:
> Since I gave up Amazon, I've found myself going into bookshops more.
> Browsing in a bookshop is still _by far_ the best way to buy books.

<AOL>

> And I end up buying more books. Because for each book that I got into the
> shop looking for, I find another two that seem really interesting. Amazon's
> "readers who bought this book..." feature really doesn't achieve the same
> thing.

/me spent 100 quid on books last weekend in skoob books, PC bookshop and
Books etc (walked from goswell road to charing cross street where I spent
another 30 quid on prints and postcard prints, via holborn - quite
pleseant walk as the city and its outskirts are nice and quiet at the
weekend).

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a