In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
James Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Can you give us some more details, I'm interested too ;)

http://www.ruby-lang.org/ and http://www.rubycentral.com/ are
very good resources.  http://www.rubygarden.com/ruby is Dave
Thomas' Wiki about Ruby.  irc.openprojects.net has #ruby-lang
where a few Ruby programmers hang out (Dave Thomas is normally
on there, for example, and, er, me. :-)

I've just created a "Ruby London" mailing list if anyone's
interested in that: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
http://browser.org/mailmain/listinfo/rubylondon

> What's the performance like, library availability,

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa.html # Ruby Application Archive

The performance, from the limited benchmarks I've done, seems to
be between Perl and Python, and pretty close to Perl.

> can you recommend any of the books on it etc etc?

"Programming Ruby", by Dave Thomas and Andy Hunt, ISBN 0-201-71089-7
--
rob partington % [EMAIL PROTECTED] % http://lynx.browser.org/