At 16:17 12/03/2001, you wrote:
>There's been a bit of discussion about version control on the IRC channel.
>
>Summary of discussion: CVS and RCS both suck, they just suck in different
>ways, and subversion is vapourware which doesn't even promise to overcome
>the problems in CVS/RCS.
>
>But there are alternatives.  Does anyone here have any comments on
>Perforce or Clearcase?  Needless to say, both companies have crap websites
>with no useful documentation and a tonne of marketing arse.

I used ClearCase about five years ago and it was a very powerful product.
Only downsides were:

a) fscking expensive.

b) very tied in with the Rational Rose product set. Don't know if it would
be worth the money if you didn't make use of those links.

Dave...

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>  SMS: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<plug>Data Munging with Perl <http://www.manning.com/cross/></plug>