On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, you wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 04:10:02PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> > WebDAV is not OK, cos it means installing yet more stuff on the server
> > which is simply not needed.  If a user can't use scp, then I don't want
> > that user.  I mean, it's not hard FFS.
>
> Admittedly rather unscientific research has shown you're actually wrong -
> lots of users find it very hard.

nope .. you are answering a different question .. .

NO, it's not hard FFS.

but YES, lots of users find it very hard

this is not because it is actually hard, but because most users are
painfully clueless., and he doesn;t want em .. or indeed need em. the
world is full of users (lusers ?) and you jsut can do without the
painfully clueless ones .. there are many out there to chose from. Worse
still the painfully clueless ones are the ones who will require the most
idiotic handholding and  AND want to pay the least for the service ...

there is a rather good ISP on Hawaii that plainly states 'the service is
not suitable for clueless users' .. ring em up and ask too many docile
questions and they pull your account ..

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!