> As a Perl novice I'd have to say the old version looks much better.
> Just replacing Programming Perl would have been enough.

As another person at an early stage in my Perl self-development, I'll second
this, and add that I'd like to add the Owl book on regexps, although I
suppose that's not strictly perl-specific enough to go on the perl cd
bookshelf? And "Programming the Perl DBI", which I find very handy.

I got my copy of the Perl CD Bookshelf because it included books that
provide a reference for just about every stage of development.

--
matt jones