> I reckon interperability is big, and that XML-RPC (or possibly even
> SOAP) will change the way we work. There's no point writing everything
> in one language or environment any more. Microsoft may have understood
> this with .NET. Discuss.

MS have understood this ever since they realised that VB and C++ worked well
together by addressing differnent roles and different markets. MS have
always been remarkably language agnostic - sure they like to embrace and
extend, but at least they do embrace. Rexx, Test, Perl, VB, QB, C++, C, ADA
are all languages that MS has officially supported now or in the past, and
there are probably many others. Hell, MS were even going to support Java,
until Sun told them they couldn't, simply because they wanted to make it
actually useful by fixing it.*

*Yeah, I'm the one person in the universe who supported MS in their case
with Sun.