On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> The important thing from my POV is that its not learning tree
> from day one, as they will simply want to say - taking learning
> tree course Perl101 means people get core competency and it
> would become the usual noddy thing. Involving them later when
> the forum was established would give them slightly less
> clout.

Absolutely right.  To bring Learning Tree (or any other Commercial
Training House ) would mean we would prbably be compelled to go along with
what they already teach - which may or may not be any good as far as we
are concerned - after all they have a whole bunch invested in training
materials and existing trainers which they are not going to give up easily

Possibly a first step would be to work out how to certify the certifiers
as it were ...

/J\