On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Dean wrote:
>       Question for the list, i'm currently writing some scripts for a HP box
> running HPUX 11 and i keep hitting the same error when ever i try and use
> something (even 'use strict;'.) The error is "syntax error in file p2.pl
> at line 2, next 2 tokens "use strict" ". The file is a noddy script with
>
> #!/usr/contrib/bin/perl
> use strict;
>
> print "Working...\n";
>
> Does anyone on list have any experience with perl on this platform and know
> if i need to change the shebang or anything similar.

What end of line characters is your editor putting in? If not \n this may
be part of the problem.

Also you're missing a "-w" on the end of the shebang line... :)

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick   Home: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  +44 20  8980 5714  (Home)
http://colondot.net/   Work: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> +44 7956 613942  (Mobile)