Mark Fowler wrote:
>  3) Write a set of scripts

...with a bunch of different extensions such as .pl .plx .cgi for
combinations of "operating system" + web server that map scripts to
interpreters by extension and/or directory rather than by shebang line...

>                            that are all basically the same but have
>     different #!/usr/bin/perl lines on the top and tell you the
>     information that you might need to know about the server.
>     For example what version of perl you're running, what the current
>     working directory is, what the permissions on the directories
>     are, etc, etc.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.