On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 02:59:51AM -0700, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 10:52:58AM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
>
> > No, I mean "unless you're using our latest and greatest operating system
> > which, despite us only supporting a limited number of systems to make it
>
> This is specious. The ad is running for an iMac, whose OS is 9.1.

The iMac is one of the platforms supported by OS X.

In fact, CD burning doesn't work under OS X on *any* machine and isn't
shipped pre-installed on any machine, so by your argument, it is wrong to
complain about it being non-functional anywhere.  That doesn't make sense
to me.

> > easier for us to write all the drivers etc, we still couldn't be arsed
> > to complete".
>
> Who said "release early, release often". Apple are doing the right
> thing, IMO.

When I release early, release often, I don't expect people to pay for the
privelege.

I knew when OS X was originally released that it lacked CDRW support,
and I didn't complain (much).  However, that it *still* lacks it is
inexcusable.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

       Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our latest and greatest
         operating system which we couldn't be arsed to complete

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **