On Thursday, April 26, 2001, at 07:23  PM, Niklas Nordebo wrote:

> Gets a 9, apparently.
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/04/26/1229238&mode=thread

I like the following comment (I know you've seen it, Niklas):

=for amusement

Boycott This Book!!! (Score:2, Troll)
by none2222 on Thursday April 26, @12:10PM EST (#22)
(User #161746 Info)
Have you stopped to consider the consequences of the information
contained in
books like this? This type of effort should not be supported by the Free
Software community.

Books like this give corporations the tools they need to destroy our
privacy
and strip us of our rights. How do you think Double Click puts the
information
about you it sells into useable form? With techniques it learns from
this type
of book. Same goes for the corporate websites you visit, your
supermarket, etc.

Information wants to be free, but not the information in this book. Data
mining
and Data munging techniques should never have left the hallowed halls of
academe.
Once they enter the public domain, they are immediately exploited by
greedy
corporations. The author should have thought about that before writing a
book
like this.

If you buy or support books like this, you have lost any right to
complain about
your privacy being violated. If you are serious about privacy, boycott
this book!

=cut

Marcel

--
We are Perl. Your table will be assimilated. Your waiter will adapt to
service us. Surrender your beer. Resistance is futile.