Cross David - dcross writes:
> Well, I prefer stuff with lyrics, but enjoy almost any kind of Irish (and
> English) folk music.

The CDs on high rotation right now are:

  Brendan Begley, "We Won't Go Home 'Til Morning"
  Green Linnet Artists, "Green Linnet Records: The 20th Anniversary
        Collection"
  Kevin Burke, "Sweeney's Dream"
  Kevin Burke, "In Concert"
  Kevin Burke, "Up Close"
  Lúnasa, "Lúnasa"

> What are you doing between TPC and Y::E? You sound like the kind of person
> who would really enjoy the Cambridge Folk Festival
> <http://www.cam-folkfest.co.uk/>.

That looks great (and it pointed me to The Black Cat Theory, a banjo
band I will watch), but it's too far away.  As I'm sure you'll agree,
the flight between California and London is one that you want to make
as few times as possible.

However, Dublin is closer.  Dublin, Ohio that is.
  http://www.dublinirishfestival.org/

It has some bands I've heard of (Altan, Cherish the Ladies, Martin &
Dennis) and might be a lot of fun.  Downside is that it's Ohio :-)

Nat