On 11/05/2001 at 16:17 +0100, Philip Newton wrote:
>Paul Mison wrote:
>> there may be a second constrained walk
>
>What's a "constrained walk"?

This is covered in London Walking by Simon Pope (which is where celia
read about it, which prompted me and Robin to organise it); his idea
was to walk from sunrise to sunset, east to west, along a single row of
the A-Z (the proper edition, with the expanded map of Central London in
the middle).

We [0] took his idea, moved the time of year (he did it in December, so
it was only about 9 hours; we did it in March, so it was more like 12),
turned it around so it was north to south, and managed to get a lot
more people involved. Amazingly, it seemed to be fun, so we're doing it
again.

This time, the constraint is the route; we'll be trying to walk around
the Circle line, either trying to follow it as closely as possible or
just walking between the stations. (We're deciding that on crisps, when
it works.)

--
:: paul
:: how fickle fate can be